Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Lagos gas leakage: NEMA urges Ikeja residents to avoid naked fire

A GAS leakage was detected around Computer Village in Ikeja area of  lagos on Wednesday morning at about 10:45 am.

The development was confirmed by the South-West Spokesperson of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) Ibrahim Farinloye  , who  cautioned residents along the affected areas to avoid contact with naked fire for safety reasons.

Farinloye, while responding to the issue, said, “Residents around Computer Village, Underbridge Awolowo Way, and Oba Akran axis, Anifowose Street, Medical Road must not open shops or use open naked fire for safety reasons.”

He said distressed alert received by the agency indicated massive leakage of gas pipeline around those areas.

The incident was said to have  caused panic in the Ikeja area of Lagos this morning.

Agencies of government have, however, brought the gas leakage under control as of the time of this report.

 

We would like to keep you updated with special notifications.